With so many trade scenarios possible there is no way to possibly get this thing right but if the order was to stay the same then this is the way I believe this thing would play out. Get ready folks because we are less than four hours away from show time in Radio City. So without further ado lets get this party started! With the first pick…
1. Carolina Panthers select Marcell Dareus DT, Alabama – With Ron Rivera taking over as head coach and him being a defensive minded coach Darius is the safe pick here and Carolina is in the need of defensive linemen something fierce.
2. Denver Broncos select Von Miller LB, Texas A&M – A team trading up into this spot would not surprise me one bit although it will take a team a nice package of 2011 and 2012 draft picks to do so. Don’t be surprised to see Washington wage some of their future to move up to this spot and take a QB here but as the pick stands its Von Miller.
3. Buffalo Bills select Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri – If Von Miller is taken by Denver then Buffalo grabs Gabbert to sit and learn the system for a year or two.
4. Cincinnati Bengals select A.J. Green WR, Georgia – The Bengals will look to draft a QB early in the second round or move back up into the back end of the first round.
5. Arizona Cardinals select Cam Newton QB, Auburn – Arizone has wholes on defense to address but will choose to do it later in the draft if Newton is available with the fifth pick. The Cardinals could possibly trade back here with a team looking to secure the services of Patrick Peterson.
6. Cleveland Browns select Patrick Peterson DB, LSU – If Peterson is still on the board here the he is the pick to play opposite side Joe Haden for years to come.
7. San Francisco 49ers select Robert Quinn DE, North Carolina – I’ve been hearing rumblings that San Francisco is absolutely in love with Quinn and wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger on him here.
8. Tennessee Titans select Nick Fairley DT, Auburn – This could be a mistake for the titans going after a kid that made is name in a single season but desperately look to replace what Albert Haynesworth brought to the table when he played in Tennessee and this could be the guy. If Fairley isn’t taken here he could tumble quite a way down the board.
9. Dallas Cowboys select Anthony Castonza OT, Boston College – Considered to be the most NFL ready of all the college O-linemen entering the draft this year but I believe the Cowboys will be trading back here with the Ramsso that they can grab Julio Jones.
10. Washington Redskins select Jake Locker QB, Washington – Despite rumors of the Redskins trying to trade up like crazy the don’t have the ammo to get it done this year without wagering next years top picks as well so they reach to fill a need.
11. Houston Texans select Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska – Still one of the few no-brainers of the draft if they don’t package a deal to move up for Patrick Peterson.
12. Minnesota Vikings select Ryan Mallet QB, Arkansas – Like I said in my previous mock. I just have a feeling that some how Minnesota ends up with Ryan Mallet even if they trade back a couple spots.
13. Detroit Lions select select Da’Quan Bowers DE, Clemson – To much value for the Lions to pass up here.
14. St. Louis Rams select Julio Jones WR, Alabama – One way or another the St. Louis Rams end up with Julio Jones but I believe it will be via a trade up and him not falling this far. If He is gone though the the Rams go with Corey Luiget here at this pick.
15. Miami Dolphins select Mark Ingram RB, Alabama – with Ricky Williams & Ronnie Brown both looking as if they won’t be back next year the Dolphins have to address the running back position.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars select Ryan Kerrigan DE/OLB, Purdue – Rumored to be quickly flying up draft boards but apparently not flying up high enough. He can either play LB or DE filling two positional needs.
17. New England selects J.J. Watt DE, Wisconsin – Don’t think New England ever envisioned Watt falling to them here but they’ll take him & be happy to do so. Watt is big, strong, fast and has a motor that won’t quit.
18. San Diego Chargers select Cameron Jordan DE, California – The kid from California has NFL bloodlines & fills a need at the defensive end position.
19. New York Giants select Mike Pouncey G/C, Florida – This is a toss up with the G-Men they really could go in any direction other than QB, WR or safety so probably best player available will be taken.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa – The Bucs are happy to get a quality pass rusher to add to defense.
21. Kansas City Chiefs select Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin – With Matt Cassel’s seemingly inability to feel the pass rush KC is overjoyed to draft someone to protect his blind side for years to come.
22 Indianapolis Colts select Corey Liuget DT, Illinois – Another consensus pick here for Indy. They will have to address the offensive line situation later in the draft as they usually do by drafting O-linemen in the later rounds. If Liuget isn’t available here look toward Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple.
23. Philadelphia Eagles select Jimmy Smith CB, Colorado – Needing to fill the gaping hole on the other side of Asante Samuel.
24. New Orleans Saints select Cameron Heyward DE, Ohio St. – Could be Heyward or Phil Taylor also.
25. Seattle Seahawks select Colin Kapernick QB, Nevada – Fairly confident that the Seahawks trade back so another team can jump up and snag a QB but if they are stuck with teh pick look toward Kapernick.
26. Baltimore Ravens select Justin Houston LB, Georgia – Rumored to really like the kid I could see Baltimore trading down out of round one & still being able to draft Houston. If they can’t trade down they may take OT Derek Sherrod instead at this spot.
27. Atlanta Falcons select Aldon Smith DE, Missouri – The Falcons could go WR here instead with Maryland’s Torrey Smith or trade back into the second round to secure a wideout like Randall Cobb and extra draft picks but I think Aldon is to good to pass up here.
28. New England Patriots select Muhammad Wilkerson DT, Temple – Very good production. 70 tackles and 9.5 sacks. Lots of upside. I don’t expect the Patriots to hold onto this pick but if they do this guy is a perfect fit but look for New England to trade one of its two first round picks.
29. Chicago Bears select Aaron Williams CB, Texas – With the likes of Sidney Rice potentially resigning Minnesota, Calvin Johnson & Greg Jennings all twice a year the bears need another corner.
30. New York Jets select Jonathan Baldwin WR, Pittsburgh – Both Santonio Holmes & Braylon Edwards are free agents. Who knows when free agency will happen. The Jets will go with the biggest & fastest wideout left on the board just in case
31. Pittsburgh Steelers select Danny Watkins OT, Baylor -Its no secret that the Steelers need to upgrade the secondary & they will attempt to do that only later in the draft. Here they can’t pass up teaming up Watkins with last years 1st round pick Maurkice Pouncey for years to come.
32. Green Bay Packers select Kyle Rudolph TE, Notre Dame – With Jermicheal Finley’s contract due to expire after this year odds are that Green Bay isn’t going to pay him Vernon Davis money. This leaves the tight end spot as one area on a short list of concerns for Green Bay.