Despite a variety of major injuries and a lack of playmaking at the receiver position, the Patriots found themselves once again just one win away from a Super Bowl appearance in 2013-14.
With an offseason filled with distraction, it turned out to be a pretty solid year for the Pats who will always be contenders with Tom Brady at the quarterback position.
Now, with Darrelle Revis on board as well as Brandon Browner (save for the first four games of the year) this Pats team figures to again be among the NFL’s best in 2014.
- S Adrian Wilson (released)
- LB Dane Fletcher (Buccaneers)
- DT Isaac Sopoaga (released)
- CB Aqib Talib (Broncos)
- S Steve Gregory (released)
- RB LeGarrette Blount (Steelers)
- CB Darrelle Revis (Buccaneers)
- CB Brandon Browner (Seahawks)
- TE Michael Hoomanawanui (re-signed)
- WR Julian Edelman (re-signed)
- WR Brandon LaFell (Panthers)
- C Ryan Wendell (re-signed)
Patriots Team Needs
1. Tight End
As horrible as the Aaron Hernandez situation is from a real-life perspective, it also cost the Patriots big time offensively. They also can’t rely on Rob Gronkowski playing all 16 games.
Dan Connolly could be upgraded in this draft, and the Patriots’ interior line struggled to protect Tom Brady this past year.
See above. Ryan Wendell was re-signed but the Patriots will look for an upgrade at center in the draft.
4. Wide Receiver
5. Defensive Tackle