The New York Jets are going to be one of the more interesting teams to watch in 2014. As much as has been made about the whole Mark Sanchez saga, Tebowmania hitting New York, and now the immense pressure on 2013 second rounder Geno Smith, the Jets actually have a pretty good team.
They made a splash in free agency, signing what most people believed to be the #1 wide receiver in Denver’s Eric Decker. They nearly made the playoffs this past season and I’m very intrigued at how they are going to continue to rebuild through the draft.
- CB Dimitri Patterson (Dolphins)
- WR Jacoby Ford (Raiders)
- QB Michael Vick (Eagles)
- OG Willie Colon (re-signed)
- DE/LB Calvin Pace (re-signed)
- WR Eric Decker (Broncos)
- OT Breno Giacomini (Seahawks)
- LB Nick Bellore (tendered)
- TE Jeff Cumberland (re-signed)
- CB Darrin Walls (re-signed)
- CB Ellis Lankaster (re-signed)
- K Nick Folk (franchised)
- DE/LB Jermaine Cunningham (re-signed)
- QB Mark Sanchez (Eagles)
- OG Vlad Ducasse (Vikings)
- CB Antonio Cromartie (Cardinals)
- OT Austin Howard (Raiders)
- WR Santonio Holmes (released)
Jets Top Team Needs
The Jets got desperate enough at safety last year after losing LaRon Landry that they tried signing Ed Reed. This is a position that needs to be looked at..
With Dee Milliner developing, the Jets need another corner on the outside now that Antonio Cromartie has bolted for Arizona.
3. Wide Receiver
Even with Eric Decker signed, the Jets need a true number one receiver.
4. Tight End
6. Inside Linebacker
7. Rush Linebacker