17. Pittsburgh Steelers — Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia A+
Best value in the draft. Steelers steal a top 5 player in the draft. Will take Harrisons spot and run with it.
18. San Fransisco 49ers — Eric Reid S, LSU C+
Didn’t think SF should have traded up in a safety deep draft. Reid wasn’t rated in my top 40, little bit of a reach.
19. New York Giants — Justin Pugh OT/OG, Syracuse C-
The Giants reached on a position when they had bigger needs at LB and CB.
20. Chicago Bears — Kyle Long OG/OT, Oregon C-
See Giants. Long was a 2nd round player and with Floyd and Eifert on the boards, it was a reach.
21. Cincinnati Bengals — Tyler Eifert TE, Notre Dame A
Love this pick. Eifert is easily the BPA available and gives Dalton another weapon that he needs on offense.
22. Atlanta Falcons (from Washington) — Desmond Trufant CB, Washington B
The Falcons needed a CB and Trufant fits their need. I had Rhodes rated higher though.
23. Minnesota Vikings — Sharrif Floyd DT, Florida A-
Great value here for the Vikings. I’m not as high on Floyd as others, but he fits a need beside Kevin Williams.
24. Indianapolis Colts — Bjoern Werner DE/OLB, Florida State B-
I’m not sure Werner fits their scheme, but he is a hard worker and has a good motor.
25. Minnesota Vikings (from Seattle) — Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State B+
Another great pick by the Vikings. He will take over as their #1 CB and is physical enough to cover Marshall and Johnson.
26. Green Bay Packers — Datone Jones DE/DT, UCLA A-
Good value at a need position. He can keep blockers off the LB and let them get to the QB.
27. Houston Texans — DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson B+
The Texans have needed a #2 WR for a long time. They finally got one. I had Patterson higher, but Hopkins is more NFL ready.
28. Denver Broncos — Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina B+
Good Value here. The Broncos needed a DT and Williams is a disruptive player.
29. Minnesota Vikings — Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee A-
3rd great pick of the day for the Vikings. Patterson can take Harvins spot and do all the things he did.
30. St. Louis Rams — Alec Ogletree OLB, Gerogia A+
One of the best values of the draft. Ogletree will play WLB right away and be a playmaker.
31. Dallas Cowboys — Travis Frederick OC, Wisconsin F
I just don’t understand this pick. A 3rd round player. Jerry Jones has outdone himself this time.
32. Baltimore Ravens — Matt Elam S, Florida B
Good pick to take over for Ed Reed. He is a little short, but can make plays all over the field.