1. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills (26)
Byrd is one of the top safeties in the game, and if he’s not given a massive deal from the Bills, he will most certainly be tagged.
Prediction: Franchised by Bills
Actual: Franchised by Bills
2. Dashon Goldson, San Francisco 49ers (28)
It’s been reported that Goldson will not be given the franchise tag with the Niners. There may be some other clubs that will be willing to give him a big contract this offseason.
Prediction: Signs with Bengals
Actual: Signed with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens (34)
Reed may be too pricey for the Ravens after some of their contracts are given out to younger players. There are some connections to other teams out there that could intrigue him.
Prediction: Signs with Patriots
4. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers (35)
Woodson wants to go to a contender, and there aren’t many contenders that wouldn’t want to have him. He is still a very effective player when he’s healthy.
Prediction: Signs with Broncos
5. Louis Delmas, Detroit Lions (26)
Delmas needs to find a way to stay healthy, but he’s a very good safety when he can stay on the field. I think the Lions will work hard to keep him around.
Prediction: Re-signs with Lions
6. Kenny Phillips, New York Giants (26)
The Giants would love if Phillips could stay healthy, because he is a very good safety when he’s not on the injured list. That’s been a problem as of late, however. His time in New York could be done with the breakout season from Stevie Brown.
Prediction: Signs with Panthers
Actual: Signed with Philadelphia Eagles
7. LaRon Landry, New York Jets (28)
Landry had a really good season for the Jets, and was able to stay relatively healthy. He wants about $6 million per season, which isn’t unreasonable for a player of his caliber.
Prediction: Signs with 49ers
Actual: Signed with Indianapolis Colts
8. William Moore, Atlanta Falcons (28) — Signed 5 year deal with Falcons
9. Glover Quin, Houston Texans (27) — Signed with Detroit Lions
10. Stevie Brown (RFA), New York Giants (26) — Tendered by Giants (2nd round)
11. Quintin Mikell, St. Louis Rams (33)
12. George Wilson, Buffalo Bills (32) — Signed with Atlanta Titans
13. Patrick Chung, New England Patriots (26) — Signed with Philadelphia Eagles
14. Chris Clemons, Miami Dolphins (27) — Re-signed with Miami Dolphins
15. Adrian Wilson, Arizona Cardinals (33)
16. Ronde Barber, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (38)
17. Nate Clements, Cincinnati Bengals (33)
18. Corey Lynch, San Diego Chargers (28)
19. Chris Crocker, Cincinnati Bengals (33)
20. Colt Anderson (RFA), Philadelphia Eagles (27)
21. Jamarca Sanford, Minnesota Vikings (28)
22. Yeremiah Bell, New York Jets (35)