1. Ryan Clady, Denver Broncos (26)
Clady is arguably the best left tackle in the NFL, especially in pass protection. I was shocked to learn he was only 26 years old with five NFL seasons already under his belt and not a start missed. This guy is a stud.
Prediction: Re-signs with Broncos
Actual: Franchise Tagged by Broncos
2. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins (28)
Long has battled injury problems despite being one of the best left tackles in professional football. I think he’ll be seeking a big pay day this offseason, and the Dolphins have the money to bring him back.
Prediction: Re-signs with Dolphins
3. Sebastian Vollmer, New England Patriots (29)
Vollmer is an excellent right tackle for the Patriots, who would be wise to keep him around.
Prediction: Re-signs with Patriots
4. Andre Smith, Cincinnati Bengals (26)
The Bengals have a ton of cap space, and they need to make re-signing Smith a priority. He is a key piece of their offense.
Prediction: Re-signs with Bengals
5. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs (28)
Albert is a very good left tackle in the NFL. The Chiefs have a big decision to make of whether or not to bring him back this season after he passed a physical. It seems to me that would make the decision an easy one.
Prediction: Re-signs with Chiefs
Actual: Franchise tagged by Chiefs
6. Will Beatty, New York Giants (28)
This is an interesting situation. The Giants are over the cap but Beatty is a key player for them. He could also get a big contract on the open market. If a team is in need of an OT, he may be the top name realistically available outside of Jake Long.
Prediction: Signs with Colts
Actual: Re-signs with Giants, 5 years $38.75 million
7. Phil Loadholt, Minnesota Vikings (27)
Loadholt racks up penalties like there’s no tomorrow, but he’s also an excellent run blocker who helped pave the way for a 2,000 yard rusher. The Vikes have plenty of cap space as well.
Prediction: Re-signs with Vikings
Actual: Re-signs with Vikings
8. Sam Baker, Atlanta Falcons (28)
Baker had not been as good as he was supposed to be coming out of USC until 2012. I know that sounds like an obvious statement, but it’s a real disappointment. The biggest problem with Baker is the fact that he has lingering back problems. If the Falcons are okay with that, they may be able to get him back.
Prediction: Re-signs with Falcons
Actual: Re-signed with Falcons
9. Eric Winston (RT), Kansas City Chiefs (29)
Winston is still a really good player with a few years left to play. Quite a few, in fact. Shocking cut by the Chiefs here.
10. Bryant McKinnie, Baltimore Ravens (33)
I think the Ravens would like to have McKinnie back after his excellent playoff performance.
Prediction: Re-signs with Ravens
11. Gosder Cherilus, Detroit Lions (29)
The Lions have Riley Reiff waiting in the wings to play right or left tackle, and while Cherilus had his best season as a pro last year, I think he could be let go.
Prediction: Signs with Bears
Actual: Signs with Indianapolis Colts
12. Sean Locklear, New York Giants (32)
13. Barry Richardson, St. Louis Rams (27)
15. Jammal Brown, Washington Redskins (32)
16. Demetress Bell, Philadelphia Eagles (29)
17. Winston Justice, Indianapolis Colts (28)
18. Jason Smith, New York Jets (27)
19. Max Starks, Pittsburgh Steelers (31)
20. Tyler Polumbus, Washington Redskins (28)
21. King Dunlap, Philadelphia Eagles (27) — Signs with San Diego Chargers