1. Victor Cruz (RFA), New York Giants (26)
Cruz is one of the top receivers in the league, but he had a bit of a down year in 2012, as did the rest of the Giants team. I think New York will make sure to keep this guy around, as he is a key piece of their offense.
Prediction: Re-signs with Giants
Actual: Tendered by Giants (1st round)
2. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs (28)
Bowe is really inconsistent at times, but I think he is an above average #1 receiver in this league. He is a very dangerous red-zone threat who will really upgrade someone’s roster.
Prediction: Signs with Dolphins
Actual: Re-signs with Chiefs
3. Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh Steelers (27)
Wallace had a down year in 2012 after contract negotiations didn’t go his way, but this offseason he has a chance to move on and start fresh. I think he’ll make big money somewhere this year.
Prediction: Signs with Vikings
Actual: Signs with Dolphins
4. Greg Jennings, Green Bay Packers (29)
Greg Jennings was injured a lot in the 2012 season, but I think he can still really make an impact for a team. I don’t see him joining anyone’s rebuilding project, but he should still be looking for a decent contract at his age.
Prediction: Signs with Texans
5. Wes Welker, New England Patriots (32)
Welker had some drops this past season, but he’s still one of the most effective slot receivers in the NFL, as well as one of the best after the catch. He is going to make a title contender that much better since the Patriots can’t really afford to keep him around anymore.
Prediction: Signs with Broncos
Actual: Signed with Denver Broncos
6. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins (26)
Hartline is one of the best #2 receivers in the league. However, he was #1 in Miami this past season and made a lot of plays. He should be due a nice pay increase, but within reason.
Prediction: Re-signs with Dolphins
Actual: Re-signs with Dolphins
7. Danario Alexander (RFA), San Diego Chargers (25)
Alexander had a nice little breakout season for the Chargers this past year, and if he can stay healthy, he could be in for a really nice season in 2012. I don’t think the Chargers would break the bank for this injury risk, but I don’t think another team will either.
Prediction: Re-signs with Chargers
8. Danny Amendola, St. Louis Rams (27)
Amendola is a potentially huge pickup for someone this year if he can stay healthy. He is an excellent slot receiver and punt returner. I also think his injury history means he could come on the cheap heap.
Prediction: Signs with Patriots
Actual: Signs with New England Patriots
9. Emmanuel Sanders (RFA), Pittsburgh Steelers (26)
Sanders won’t attract a ton of attention on the restricted free agent market, but the Steelers likely want him back regardless, especially if they’re losing Mike Wallace.
Prediction: Re-signs with Steelers
Actual: Tendered by Steelers
10. Brandon Stokley, Denver Broncos (37)
Stokley is still in great shape, and when he’s healthy, he is able to make significant contributions as a slot/fourth receiver. He won’t be playing next year unless it’s with Peyton Manning, though.
Prediction: Re-signs with Broncos
12. Ted Ginn Jr., San Francisco 49ers (28)
13. Michael Spurlock (RFA), San Diego Chargers (30) — Re-signed with San Diego Chargers
14. David Nelson, Buffalo Bills (26)
15. Donnie Avery, Indianapolis Colts (29) — Signed with Kansas City Chiefs
16. Brandon Gibson, St. Louis Rams (26)
17. Julian Edelman, New England Patriots (27)
18. Donald Jones, Buffalo Bills (25)
19. Domenik Hixon, New York Giants (28)
20. Ramses Barden, New York Giants (27)
22. Jerome Simpson, Minnesota Vikings (27) — Re-signed with Minnesota Vikings
23. Brandon Tate, Cincinnati Bengals (25)
24. Braylon Edwards, New York Jets (30)
25. Louis Murphy, Carolina Panthers (26)
26. Devery Henderson, New Orleans Saints (31)
27. Mohammed Massaquoi, Cleveland Browns (26)
28. Chaz Schilens, New York Jets (27)
29. Austin Collie, Indianapolis Colts (27)
30. Sammie Stroughter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (27)