1. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons (37)
I don’t foresee Tony Gonzalez playing for anyone but the Falcons in 2012 if he does choose to come back and play football. The Falcons would obviously love to have him back. He is a key piece of their offense even at 37 years old.
Projection: Re-signs with Falcons or retire
Actual: Re-signs with Falcons
2. Dustin Keller, New York Jets (28)
Keller is a really tight end, he just has some trouble staying healthy. If you were him, would you want to be back in New York? I think it’s a legitimate option at this point, but I also think Keller will test the open market.
Prediction: Signs with Bears
3. Martellus Bennett, New York Giants (26)
Bennett had a big season in 2012 with the Giants, who are sure to want him back after seeing what he is capable of. I think they’ll try to keep him but with Victor Cruz set to receive a big contract it could be tough.
Prediction: Re-signs with Giants
Actual: Signs with Chicago Bears
4. Brandon Myers, Oakland Raiders (27)
Myers was the leading pass catcher on the Raiders this past season, and he had a breakout season. He wasn’t much of an impact on the offense before that, but he has proven he can be a factor and he is due to make some money this offseason.
Prediction: Signs with Buccaneers
5. Dennis Pitta (RFA), Baltimore Ravens (28)
Pitta may have earned a new contract this last year, making some big plays for the Super Bowl champs. I think he’ll be back in purple next year.
Prediction: Re-signs with Ravens
Actual: Tendered by Ravens (2nd round)
6. Jared Cook, Tennessee Titans (26)
Cook’s days with the Titans could be over. He is capable of being a big play tight end, but I think that he will chase more money than he’s worth.
Prediction: Signs with Rams
Actual: Signs with Rams
7. Anthony Fasano, Miami Dolphins (29)
Fasano had a really solid season for the Dolphins, and is a really good option as a second TE. He’s been their primary TE, though, and he has a good role there.
Prediction: Re-signs with Dolphins
Actual: Signs with Kansas City Chiefs
8. Fred Davis, Washington Redskins (27)
I think Davis is one of the most talented tight ends in the NFL, but he has some trouble staying healthy at times. I’d be a little surprised if he didn’t end up re-signing with the Redskins because of their lack of talent at the position.
Prediction: Re-signs with Redskins
9. Delanie Walker, San Francisco 49ers (29) — Signs with Tennessee Titans
10. Ed Dickson (RFA), Baltimore Ravens (26) — Tendered by Ravens (2nd round)
11. Ben Watson, Cleveland Browns (32)
12. Dallas Clark, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (34)
13. Ben Hartsock, Carolina Panthers (33)
14. Michael Hoomanawanui (RFA), New England Patriots (25)
15. Dante Rosario, San Diego Chargers (28)
16. Will Heller, Detroit Lions (32)
17. Steve Maneri (RFA), Kansas City Chiefs (25)
18. John Phillips, Dallas Cowboys (26) — Signs with San Diego Chargers
19. Tom Crabtree (RFA), Green Bay Packers (27)
20. Gary Barnidge, Carolina Panthers (27) — Signed with Cleveland Browns