1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Luck becomes the new franchise quarterback for the Colts franchise which is under new management. Peyton Manning looks like he could be headed to South Beach.
2. St. Louis Rams: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
.**Projected trade with Washington**
Rams trade down from this pick and get a defensive tackle who can eventually be one of the most dominant in the league. Jeff Fisher had guys like Albert Haynesworth and Brockers has potential to be elite.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
.Kalil is a franchise left tackle prospect who would protect last year’s first round investment, Christian Ponder.
4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
.Richardson is a game-changer who would instantly be the franchise player for the Browns. If they are able to get him, he changes the look of their offense.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
.The Bucs need help in the defensive backfield. Claiborne is the best cornerback prospect in the draft by a long shot.
6. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
.Redskins trade up to nab Griffin, this year’s Heisman trophy winner and one of the best athletes I’ve seen at the position.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
.Jags get a big time pass rusher to add to their young defensive line.
8. Carolina Panthers: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
.Panthers continue to add big men up front. Reiff is well-coached and would fit in well with their scheme.
9. Miami Dolphins: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
.Upshaw adds another pass rush element to the improving Dolphins defense. I think the big prize for this team this offseason could be Peyton Manning.
10. Buffalo Bills: Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
.Ingram is a dynamic player defensively who has a nose for the ball and can play multiple different positions.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
.Martin would play left tackle allowing Branden Albert to move to right tackle, fortifying the tackle positions for Kansas City.
12. Seattle Seahawks: Nick Perry, DE, USC
.Perry is a pass rush prospect with a lot of potential if he can add a bit of size. He is a great athlete.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Dre’ Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
.Big, long cornerback prospect who would give the Cardinals a nice pair of young corners with him and Patrick Peterson.
14. Dallas Cowboys: David DeCastro, OL, Stanford
.Fortifies the right side of Dallas’ offensive line, which needs to be improved. He is a technician and the best at his position in the draft.
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
.Blackmon replaces DeSean Jackson. Not a bad replacement for a guy who clearly didn’t want to be part of hte team when he didn’t get a big payday.
16. New York Jets: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
.Hard-hitting safety fits the mentality of Rex Ryan’s defense perfectly.