2012 NFL Mock Draft
The 2012 NFL Draft is the year of the quarterback. It has three quarterbacks who could all be franchise building players. My prediction of team placement is based upon situation and observation on my part. Enjoy
1. Carolina Panthers: Alshon Jeffery WR SC
While I believe Andrew Luck will be the first pick, he will not be taken by Carolina. This would be traded. However, I will not predict trades in my mock so the Panthers receive a weapon for Newton.
2. Washington Redskins Andrew Luck QB Stanford
This team needs Andrew Luck and I believe he would do well with Mike Shannahan. If anyone is to buck the Redskins trend of losing with Daniel Snyder it is this kid. He has Uncle Ricco like potential.
3. Seattle Seahawks Matt Barkley QB USC
Pete Carroll is only kidding himself if he believes Whitehurst is his QB. If the Seahawks do this badly than I suggest taking a QB who is both talented and comfortable with the head coach. Boom, this kid hits both criteria.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars Quinton Coples DE NC
Team needs defense, plain and simple. Though the back seven is in worse shape I don’t believe there is a player that is worth this pick. Coples would look nice next to those young DT talents they have.
5. Denver Broncos Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
I know their DT is a problem but they should have taken Dareus last year. Don’t be too mad though for the second straight year they get an impact defensive player.
6. Minnesota Vikings Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
They just got Christian Ponder last year. Whether you think he is or is not a franchise QB: he still needs to be protected. This guy will do this. Ask Luck.
7. Buffalo Bills Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
I don’t mind Ryan Fitzpatrick…I just don’t believe he will ever take you too deep into the playoffs. Though Jones arm strength might not be enough for their climate I believe he is talented enough to take a risk on.
8. Cleveland Browns Justin Blackman WR Oklahoma St
Holgram is doing a solid job with this team. Problem was it was going to take 3-4 years to catch up with the Steelers and Ravens…well at least close the gap. Blackman gives them a target to fear as well as open up the middle of the field.
9. Tennessee Titans Jerel Worthy DT MSU
I am a Spartan fan. Believe me when I tell you Worthy will be a rock solid DT. He is an anchor vs. the run as well as a pass rushing threat. Will replace those who miss Haynesworth.
10. Cincinnati Bengals Matt Khalil OT USC
Dalton will have all kinds of chances to succeed. He has tons of young talent to grow with. This could be the making of a rock solid offense.
11. San Francisco 49ers Stephen Gillmore CB SC
12. Miami Dolphins Dontay Paige Moss OLB NC
13. Tampa Bay Buccs Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
14. St. Louis Rams Trent Richardson RB Alabama
15. Oakland Raiders Jayron Hosley CB VT
16. Chicago Bears Vontaze Burfict MLB Arizona St
17. Dallas Cowboys Jared Crick DL Nebraska
18. Kansas City Chiefs Riley Reiff OT Iowa
19. Houston Texans Robert Lester FS Alabama
20. New England Pats (T) Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa St
21. Pittsburg Steelers Chase Minifield CB Virginia
22. Philadelphia Eagles Michael Brewster C Ohio State
23. Arizona Cardinals Mike Adams OT Ohio State
24. San Diego Chargers Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
25. New York Jets Brandon Jenkins OLB FSU
26. Detroit Lions Manti te’o MLB ND
27. Cleveland Browns (T) Luke Kuechly MLB BC
28. Baltimore Ravens Michael Floyd WR ND
29. New England Pats Brandon Lindsay OLB Pittsburg
30. Green Bay Packers David DeCasto OG Stanford
31. New York Giants Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma
32. Indianapolis Colts Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami