Bobo is Bobo the monkey, a name I’ve been calling my two year old son the past couple of weeks because his first and last names starts with a B and he climbs everything in our house: like he thinks he’s a monkey. We are submitting final mock drafts to be graded to The Huddle Report this year, and I decided that we should submit one mock draft as a conrol group to see how many people this random mock draft can beat.
Now, for those of you who don’t know, the grading system for The Huddle Report is 1 point for each person you get right in the first round (32 possible points) and 3 points for each person to the correct team (2 extra points. 32+64=96 total points)-so Bobo could get 32 points if he gets all the players in the first round regardless of order (The winner last year had 50 points- (so every player in the first round right (32) and 9 correct picks (+18 more). In order to give Bobo a chance I wrote the 37 names that are most often associated with the first round and gave Bobo the first three picks, the picks that are most commonly used for the Panthers, Bronocs, and Bills respectively. After that, it is strictly pick by pick out of the hat by my son drawing names.
People often say things like “a monkey could make a mock” or “it’s so random you could just pull names out of a hat” so I’m here to test that theory.
If the Huddle Report Accept it, this is FINAL
1. Carolina Panthers-Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos-Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills-Von Miller, LB, Texas A nd M
4. Cincinnati Bengals-Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
5. Arizona Cardinas-Akeem Ayers, UCLA
6. Cleveland Browns-Kyle Rudolph, TE, Norte Dame
7. San Francisco 49ers-Justin Houston, DE/OLB Georgia
8. Tennessee Titans-Brandon Harris, CB, The U
9. Dallas Cowboys-J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
10. Washington Redskins-Blaine Gabbert, Missouri (all right, Bobo, this could actually happen with a trade up)
11. Houston Texans-Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Missouri
12. Minnesota Vikings-Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska (The Vikings thank you, Bobo)
13. Detroit Lions-Derrick Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
14. St.Louis Rams-Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois (hey all right also could happen)
15. Miami Dolphins-Anthony Castanzo, OT, Boston College (?? Not usual, but maybe)
16. Jacksonville Jaguars-Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
17. New England Pariots-Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
18. San Diego Chargers-Kyle Rudolph, TE, Norte Dame (They do need a back up TE in case Gates gets hurts…kidding).
19. New York Giants-Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado (Not impossible. A darkhorse candidate I’d even say. Huge upside: Check. Big time program: Check. Tall for his position with good speed: Check. Fits the Giants likes).
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
21. Kansas City Chiefs-Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal (if he fell this far)
22. Indinapolis Colts-Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland (how mad would fans be)
23. Philadelphia Eagles-Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama (They should. They won’t)
24. New Orleans Saints-Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa (Solid pick by the Saints fits a need)
25. Seattle Seahwaks-Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas (Definitely possible. Most possible of all picks so far I think)
26. Baltimore Ravens-Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State (Heard this is a “Lock” if He’s available here)
27. Atlanta Falcons-Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh (Possible. Character concerns though could make Falcons back off)
28. New England Patriots-Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona (100 percent possible, but not if they take one at 17, and not if they trade the pick)
29. Chicago Bears-Jake Locker, QB, Washington (Locker could be drafted at 29, but not by the Bears if some team trades up for him here, if he’s still available)
30. New York Jets-Mike Pouncey, G/C, Florida (If I swithced Pouncey with Locker that might be possible for the Bears)
31. Pittsburgh Steelers-Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
32. Green Bay Packers-Da’Quan Bowers, OLB, Clemson (I’m not buying the severity of the knee injury, so not possible).
Missed the cut: Robert Quinn, Phil Talor, Muhammad Wilkerson, Gabe Carimi, Andy Dalton, Danny Watkins, Stephen Paea, Aaron Williams.
What do you think, Does Bobo have a chance of beating anyone on The Huddle Report? And please, God don’t let him beat me.
The first three picks are possible: Newton, Dareus, Miller. Gabbert to the Redskins, J.J. Watt to Dallas?, Amukamara to the Vikings, Liuget to Rams, Castanzo to the Dolphins, Smith to the Giants, Heyward to the Ravens, Reed to the Pats, Mallet to the Hawks, Sheard to the Falcons, and Clayborn to the Saints are all not out of the real of possibilities
Follow us on twitter @NFLmocks.
Have a nice day, everyone.
If you think you can beat Bobo the monkey leave your mock in the comments, or email me it at [email protected]