We are back for our second day of NFL pro day inside information, and we have much, much more today. The talks yesterday were centered around TCU quarterback Andy Dalton, and rightfully so. Dalton completed 49 of 52 passes in front of scouts, and two of those incomplete throws were dropped by receivers.
Dalton put on an impressive show at the TCU pro day, but the Horned Frogs weren’t the only team to host NFL scouts yesterday. Follow after the jump to read who your team was looking at on Friday.
- The Horned Frogs had 22 players work out for representatives from 26 NFL teams. San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, Carolina Panthers quarterbacks coach Mike Shula, Jacksonville Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden were among the coaches to watch Dalton throw.
- We may have a new sleeper special teamer on our hands. Colin Jones, a guy who didn’t receive an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, ran 4.34 and 4.38 in the 40 yard dash, had a 37 inch vertical leap, 10’4″ broad jump, and put up 20 reps of 225 on the bench press. Gil Brandt of NFL.com said he reminded him of a player named Cliff Harris, who made six pro Bowls for the Cowboys in the 70′s.
- Ohio State linebacker Brian Rolle ran a 4.51 second 40 yard dash, and in addition to doing the linebacker drills for scouts, Rolle participated in defensive back drills. At 230 pounds, he could be a candidate to move to strong safety.
- The only three teams not in attendance at the Ohio State pro day workout were the Arizona Cardinals, Washington Redskins, and Seattle Seahawks.
- Tennessee TE Luke Stocker improved his 40 time of 4.79 at the NFL Scouting Combine to 4.71 and 4.74, and 24 NFL teams were in attendance at his pro day
- Tennessee WR Denarius Moore, who ran 4.45 at the Combine, ran 4.38 and 4.37 at his pro day
- Some of the NFL teams in attendance at the Tennessee pro day were the Lions, Saints, Jets, Eagles, Texans and Bengals, plus a few other teams.
- Jacquizz Rodgers ran 4.47 and 4.53 in the 40 yard dash after running a 4.6 at the NFL Scouting combine
- 25 NFL Scouts were on hand to see Rodgers and the other Badgers perform
- I have heard that the St. Louis Rams are very high on Fort Valley State WR Ricardo Lockette
- The Atlanta Falcons have had a private workout with Troy WR Jerrel Jernigan and Troy RB DuJuan Harris
- The Chicago Bears have scheduled a private workout with Baylor guard Danny Watkins, Idaho QB Nathan Enderle, TCU QB Andy Dalton, and Northwestern DT Corbin Bryant
- As we reported yesterday, the New England Patriots have interest in Miami pass rusher Allen Bailey, and have scheduled a private workout. Bailey could play down on the line or lose some weight and move to outside linebacker. More likely is the former.
- The Seattle Seahawks have a private workout scheduled with Auburn QB Cam Newton
- Of all the top 10 teams, the Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Dallas Cowboys, and Washington Redskins have all requested private workouts with Auburn QB Cam Newton.
- Kyle Rudolph, the top rated TE in this class, will work out for scouts on April 7th