Here at NFL Mocks we love to bring you updated Mock Drafts because it gives you a look at what your team could possibly add in the offseason. Below is the most recent mock by Site Director and Lead Scout Jon Dove. Be sure to check our our Big Board, Team Needs, and Scouting Reports. You can also check out DCSports Report’s mock draft database to compare this mock to others out on the web.
1. Carolina Panthers- Da’Quan Bowers- DE- Clemson
- The Carolina Panthers have to be devastated about the fact that Luck is returning to school but somebody needs to go in this spot. In my opinion Bowers is not a bad consolation prize and he will remind a lot of people of Julius Peppers. Check out this article about the other options Carolina has regarding the #1 overall pick!
2. Denver Broncos- Marcel Dareus- DE/DT- Alabama
- We got to find out what defensive scheme the new Broncos coach will want to employ but I am betting on them staying with the 3-4. With that being said, Marcel Dareus is the top rated player that could fit that scheme and make a impact. Dareus is versatile enough to play the 5 technique and some nose tackle. I feel the Broncos need to go defense with this pick.
3. Buffalo Bills- AJ Green- WR- Georgia
- Again this it is hard to make this selection for the Bills because we are unsure of what defensive scheme they will use next season. I think if they are running a 4-3 you could see Nick Fairly go in this spot. Never the less, Green is the type of talent that is tough to pass over but might not really fit a need.
4. Cincinnati Bengals- Nick Fairly- DT- Auburn
- Fairly is the ideal 3 technique and will immediately help this defensive front. Marvin Lewis is adamant that Carson Palmer will be his quarterback next season.
5. Arizona Cardinals- Patrick Peterson- CB- LSU
- It is going to be tough for the Cardinals to pass on one of the quarterbacks but Peterson is the safe pick. The Cardinals quarterback situation is the worst in the league right now so its not out of the question that they pull the trigger on a Mallett, Gabbert, or Newton.
6. Cleveland Browns- Robert Quinn- DE- UNC
- Cleveland is a team in transition but one thing is certain and that is they need a pass rusher. Quinn has the ability and skills to fit into either the 3-4 or 4-3 schemes. I can’t imagine the the different ways Rob Ryan would use someone like Quinn! That’s if Ryan is still around, of course.
7. San Francisco 49ers- Prince Amukamara- CB- Nebraska
- The 49ers are another team that needs to address their quarterback position; but are they ready to invest another high pick on a risky quarterback? All of the quarterbacks have question marks and that could lead San Francisco to making a safe selection at another position of need.
8. Tennesse Titans- Ryan Mallett- QB- Arkansas
- It appears that Jeff Fisher is going to stick around and Vince Young will be out the door. The owners comments made me feel like they will look to address the quarterback situation in the upcoming draft. Mallett is my top quarterback on the board and also someone that would fit what Fisher likes to do on offense. Mallett honestly gives me a Kerry Collins vibe which could be something that makes Jeff Fisher feel comfortable.
9. Dallas Cowboys- Tyron Smith- OT- USC
- I feel that as the draft process plays out Smith is going to sky rocket up the draft board. His rare athletic ability coupled with his strength and balance will be something teams covet. It is no secret that the Cowboys need help along the offensive line.
10. Washington Redskins- Cam Newton- QB- Auburn
- Mike Shanahan has the ego to believe he could turn any quarterback into a pro bowler. He has a soft spot for big armed quarterbacks with good mobility and that is exactly Newton.
11. Houston Texans- Von Miller- OLB- Texas A&M
- The hire of Wade Phillips will bring the 3-4 defense to Houston so they will need to add some personal to make it work. Miller is the ideal candidate to fill that rush outside linebacker position.
12. Minnesota Vikings- Blaine Gabbert- QB- Missouri
- The Vikings are making a play for Josh McDaniels to head their offense and if that’s the case he is going to want to bring in his own quarterback. McDaniels has shown that he has what it takes to develop young quarterbacks so this would be a good fit for Gabbert.
13. Detroit Lions- Akeem Ayers- LB- UCLA
- Detroit has good talent on the offensive side of the ball so they need to continue to upgrade the defense. I am a big Ayers fan and feel he is going to be a very good NFL linebacker. He has the ability and skill level to step in and contribute from day 1.
14. St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon- WR- Oklahoma St.
- The future is bright in St. Louis and now they need to continue to add weapons for Bradford. I went with Blackmon over Jones in this spot because he is more of a big play threat.
15. Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram- RB- Alabama
- Miami needs to make a change at quarterback but the fact that Locker is anything but a sure thing makes me lean towards Ingram. A quarterback’s best friend is a good running game and Ingram is the best back in the draft.