Here is our updated power rankings! Can you believe we are so far along in the season? It has gone to quick! This ranking was completed by staff writer Jon New.
1. New England Patriots – Hard to argue against the Patriots at #1 with a blowout win against a 9-2 division rival.
2. Atlanta Falcons – Yet another Atlanta win against a good division rival in Tampa Bay. The Falcons appear in the drivers seat for a 1st round bye, and would love home field throughout the playoffs given Matt Ryan’s success there.
4. Baltimore Ravens – Baltimore lost a heart breaker to Pittsburgh on Sunday Night. The good news for the Ravens they won on the road in the playoffs last season and might have to do it again this year if they end up with the wild card.
6. New York Jets- The Jets got crushed by New England on Monday Night Football. It was a huge loss for the Jets who could have been in the drivers seat for the AFC East division. Now they will be fighting for their wild card lives.
7. Chicago Bears – I dont trust the Bears, but its hard to argue with their record and first place standing in the division
8. Green Bay Packers - Green Bay would really appreciate it if the Bears would lose a game. Regardless they are still in the division hunt.
9. Philadelphia Eagles – Philadelphia took care of business against Houston and is in control of their own destiny in the division.
10. Kansas City Chiefs – Kansas City keeps on winning and now holds a commanding lead in the division. I wouldn’t feel to comfortable if I were the Chiefs with Phillip Rivers and San Diego breathing down my neck.
11. New York Giants – The Giants beat down their division rival Washington despite being banged up. When they get their stars back this team could be a real threat in the playoffs.
14. San Diego Chargers – San Diego may have lost to Oakland on Sunday, but my money is still on San Diego to pull a playoff berth.
15. Oakland Raiders – Oakland got a big win against San Diego who hadn’t lost in December in about 100 years. The Raiders still have some work to do if they want to make the playoffs, but they are improving each and every week.
16. St. Louis Rams – St. Louis has won as many games this season as they have in the last 3 combined. If that isn’t progress I don’t know what is. To make it even better they have a real shot at the playoffs too.
17. Indianapolis Colts – Anyone who thinks Peyton Manning is done after two rough games is crazy. .500 isn’t a good season for the Colts but there are plenty of teams in this league who would be thrilled with it. Indy still holds its own destiny in its hands and I wouldn’t bet against Manning if I had to.
18. Seattle Seahawks – I would love to watch Seattle play in another division, just to see if they would have a winning record. My guess is no.
19. Miami Dolphins – Miami has found that Chad Henne is just the kind of Quarterback who won’t ruin your season, but likely won’t win you a playoff game either.