11. Denver Broncos (from CHI) – WR- Dez Bryant- Okla. St.
- The trade of Brandon Marshall opens a big hole in the Bronco receiver core. Bryant comes with his own baggage but many feel those concerns are overrated. Basically it comes down to the how the Broncos feel about Bryant and the need for a playmaker on the outside.
12. Miami Dolphins- RB- CJ Spiller- Clemson
- Adding Brandon Marshall fills a big void in the receiving core and gives the Dolphins flexibility with this pick. Spiller has the versatility to handle the Wildcat and the fact that Miami is shopping Ronnie Brown throws up red flags about his long term future with the team. Brown’s situation and the aging of Ricky Williams make the running back position a target area. The Dolphins could also look at Sergio Kindle in this spot.
13. San Francisco 49ers- CB- Joe Haden- Fla.
- Inconsistent 40 time has teams questioning Haden’s top end speed and unfortunately for Joe this is an important piece to the draft puzzle. The 49ers get good value at a position of need and will benefit from Haden’s misery.
14. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN) – DE- Derrick Morgan- Ga. Tech
- Morgan was very productive and consistent at Georgia Tech. He is equally strong against the run and generating a pass rush. The Seahawks struggled last season getting to the quarterback and Morgan can step right in and help in that area.
15. New York Giants- OT- Anthony Davis- Rutgers
- Kareem McKenzie is aging and has injury concerns and Davis could be the long term solution at the position. I am aware that the Giants spent a 2nd round pick on William Beatty last year but I don’t think he cemented himself as a future starter. The Giants need to address the middle linebacker position but nobody is available that warrants the #15 overall pick.
16. Tennessee Titans- DE- Jason Pierre-Paul- USF
- The Titans need pass rushing help and Pierre Paul is a fast rising prospect that has good pass rushing skills. The loss of Vanden Bosch has made this position a priority.
17. San Francisco 49ers (from CAR) – QB- Jimmy Clausen- Notre Dame
- I make this pick with a few notes. First off I really don’t think that the 49ers will select Clausen because I think they are committed to giving to giving Alex Smith a shot. I make this pick here because it’s a great trade spot. Many NFL teams don’t want to pay the price of two first round picks so the 49ers will be happy to unload this pick for extra picks. Also the 49ers need help at the tackle position and at this point nobody is worthy of the #17 pick. Now, who is trading into this spot? That’s the question.
18. Pittsburg Steelers- G/T- Mike Iupati- Idaho
- The Steelers need help along the offensive line and Iupati’s run blocking ability is right up the Steelers alley.
19. Atlanta Falcons- LB- Sergio Kindle- Texas
- The Falcons need an upgrade in talent at the linebacker position and Kindle is one of the top prospects at the position. Kindle is strong against the run and good in pass coverage. He also has the ability to wreak havoc in the opponent’s backfield. This pick improves the Falcon’s defense immediately.
20. Houston Texans- CB- Devin McCourty- Rutgers
- After losing Dunta Robinson the Texan’s need help in the secondary. McCourty is a good cover corner and has high character. He will also provide help in the kick return game. Robinson was a bit overrated and by drafting McCourty the Texans replace his production.
21. Cincinnati Bengals- TE- Jermaine Gresham- Okla.
- The tight end position has been a black hole for the Bengals. Adding Gresham will give Carson Palmer a reliable target. The Bengals could look at Taylor Mays but he compares Roy Williams who is currently on the Bengals roster.
22. New England Patriots- LB- Brandon Graham- Mich.
- The Patriots need a pass rushing outside linebacker and Graham fits that mold perfectly. He has a great Senior Bowl where he lived in the offensive backfield.
23. Green Bay Packers- T- Bruce Campbell- Maryland
- The biggest need for the Packers is upgrading the offensive line. Campbell has a ton of physical ability and has the potential to be a dominating left tackle. He does have some character concerns and hasn’t always played up to this talent level. Campbell is one of my top potential busts in this year’s draft. However, at this point in the draft he is worth the risk for the tackle hungry Packers.
24. Philadelphia Eagles- G/C- Maurkice Pouncey- Florida
- There is a growing concern that Jamal Jackson will not be able to come back from his injury last season. The concern with Jackson and the recent release of Shawn Andrews means that the Eagles will look to retool the offensive line. Pouncey is a smart and tough lineman and will make an immediate impact.
25. Baltimore Ravens- CB- Kareem Jackson- Alabama
- The Ravens addressed their receiver need during free agency and now need to add depth to the defensive secondary.
26. Arizona Cardinals- LB- Sean Witherspoon- Missouri
- He Cardinal’s defense was hit hard during the free agency period. They need to find some talent to upgrade their linebacking core. Witherspoon has used the draft process to show teams he has the ability to step in and contribute.
27. Dallas Cowboys- S- Taylor Mays- USC
- The Cowboys lack talent at the safety position and one thing Mays has is talent. Some are concerned that Mays has similar skills to former Cowboy safety Roy Williams. However, Mays’ talent cannot be overlook, that coupled with need will force the Cowboys to look his direction.
28. San Diego Chargers- RB- Ryan Matthews- Fresno State
- Tomlinson is gone and the Chargers need to fill that void. Ryan Matthews can carry the load and provide an immediate impact. He would be a great compliment to Darren Sproles.
29. New York Jets- DE- Everson Griffin- USC
- The Jets upgraded the wide out position with the trade for Santonio Holmes and now they need to get younger at the defensive end position. Griffin has a ton of talent and should exceed in Rex Ryan’s attaching defense.
30. Minnesota Vikings- CB- Kyle Wilson- Boise State
- The Vikings have some question marks at the cornerback position due to injuries and ineffectiveness. Wilson is a solid performer and is capable to stepping right in and making a difference. He would also be valuable in nickel situations once the Vikings are back at full strength.
31. Indianapolis Colts- T- Rodger Saffold- Indiana
- Protecting Peyton Manning is key and Saffold has the ability to play the left tackle position. Charlie Johnson played out of position last season so an upgrade is needed.
32. New Orleans Saints- DE- Carlos Dunlap- Florida
- The Saints just signed Alex Brown but with his age and lack of pass rush ability the Saints will take a risk on Dunlap. Dunlap can come in and cause problems for opposing offenses. The Saints might look to upgrade the linebacker position here.
Tags: Al Davis Alabama Alex Brown Anthony Davis Arizona Cardinals Atlanta Falcons Baltimore Ravens Boise State Brandon Graham Brandon Marshall Bruce Campbell Bryan Bulaga Buffalo Bills BUST-O-METER Carlos Dunlap Carson Palmer Charlie Johnson Charlie Whitehurst Cincinnati Bengals CJ Spiller Clemson Cleveland Browns Dallas Cowboys Dan Williams Darren Sproles Denver Broncos Derrick Morgan Detroit Lions Devin McCourty Dez Bryant Dunta Robinson Earl Thomas Eric Berry Everson Griffin Fla. Flordia Fresno State Ga. Tech Georgia Tech Gerald McCoy Green Bay Packers Houston Texans Idaho Indiana Indianapolis Colts Iowa Jacksonville Jaguars Jamal Jackson JaMarcus Russell Jermaine Gresham Jermoe Harrison Jimmy Clausen Joe Haden Kansas City Chiefs Kareem Jackson Kareem McKenzie Kyle Wilson LeGarrette Blount Maryland Maurkice Pouncey McNabb Miami Dolphins Mich. Mike Iupati Minnesota Vikings Missouri MJD Mock Draft Ndamukong Suh Neb. New England Patriots New Orleans Saints New York Giants New York Jets Nose Tackle Notre Dame Oakland Raiders Okla. Okla. St. Oklahoma Peyton Manning Philadelphia Eagles Pittsburg Steelers Rams Rex Ryan's Ricky Williams Robert Gallery Rodger Saffold Rolando McClain Ronnie Brown Roy Williams Russell Okung Rutgers Ryan Matthews Sam Bradford San Diego Chargers San Francisco 49ers Santonio Holmes Schwartz Scott Pioli Sean Witherspoon Seattle Seahawks Senior Bowl Sergio Kindle Shanahan Shawn Andrews Sleeper/Steal Alerts St. Louis Rams Tampa Bay Bucs Taylor Mays Tenn. Tennesse Titans Texas Tomlinson Tommie Harris Trade Trent Williams Tyson Jackson USC Vanden Bosch Washington Redskins William Beatty